Saturday, 25 June 2011

The Beloved's Archery


Beloved Meher Baba

O Meher! The arrow You shot which pierced my heart reached its mark in me.
And now I've become a restless target of Your beloved archery!

O Beloved!  How is it I worship this arrow you shot from Your sacred bow?
Because the love I feel as it pierces my heart makes my head bend low!

O Beloved!  May this stormy sea You've whipped up drown this love-mad soul!
And send him spinning in dizzy torrents straight to the one real Goal!

O brothers!  Feel free to say anything you like about me.  Please don't hesitate!
The truth in what you say sets me free.  So don't procrastinate!

O Beloved!  The song You make me sing with fire has real power to inspire!
It is composed of notes of flame dipped in the ink of Meher's Name!

O John!  Cry if you want and say what you will.
But silence is sweetest if the Beloved you would thrill.

John G. Connor
17 Sept. 1986
Ahmednagar, India


No comments:

Post a Comment