Translated by Adi K Irani
Humko meeta sakay, zamaanay may dum nahee, dum nahee
(The world does not have the strength to destroy me)
Humsay zamaanaa khud hay, zamaanay say hum nahee.
(I am not for the world, the world is for me.)
Bayfaida aalam nahee, baykaar gham nahee
(The world is not without any purpose, my pain of longing is not useless.)
Taukir day khuda ko yaya, ehamat bhee kum nahee
(I should be thankful to God that whatever pain of longing He has given it is not less than any happiness in the world.)
Mayree zubah pay shikuwa-e, ehalay seetum nahee
(I do not have any complaints against the torture you give me.)
Moojko jagaa diyaa yahee, e-hasaan kum nahee
(It is not your small obligation that you have awakened me from my involvement in illusion.)
Shikkwaa to ek chayl hay, laykeen hakeekatun
(My complaint is there, but in truth …)
Tera seetum bhee teri, inaayat se kum nahee
(Whatever tribulation and torture you make me pass through it is not less than Your Grace.)
Markay Jigar pay kyu teri, ankhay hay ashkaray
(When Jigar died why were you shedding tears?
Eksaa neeha sahee magar, itnaa bahum nahee.
(It may be right that you are always hidden but I’m not so confused to think like that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment